Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Trouble with NaNoWriMo

Dear Kira,

So, as you know I've been doing NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month) for the past thirteen days, and let me tell you, its a strugglebus. As it stands, I'm almost six thousand words and I'm not projected to finish until December 9th. The trouble, I suppose, is that it's really hard to write a novel in a month. This is, of course, coming from someone who has finished multiple manuscripts (let's disregard quality of said manuscripts). So, I know I can complete a long document if I have enough opportunity and the inclination to do so.

The trouble is, right now I don't really have the inclination. I'm running out of material for my story, I've started to resort to personal drama to stretch the word requirement (gasp!). And even so, I just don't feel like working on my NaNoWriMo. I know that you sometimes I have some trouble finishing stories as well, so I wonder what you are doing to insure you finish your NaNoWriMo. While I have every intention of finishing this project, it seems I have just reached a standstill.

Maria


No comments:

Post a Comment